Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Molly's scenes and settings guidebook

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bekeating's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I finally found the last scenes and setting the girls need....but its missing the guidebook that came with it. I'd ask if anyone has one that they are willig to part with, but that is unlikely. But, does anyone have one that they can scan and send me? I really think they add a lot to the scenes and settings. Thanks!

    Bonnie

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Frenchfry's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 5th, 2004
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I will PM you

  3. #3
    Inactive Member tobydoggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2003
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I had no idea there were guidebooks! Would anyone be interested in providing a photocopy of them to me? I would be much obliged.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Aussiemum's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2004
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <font color="royalblue"> I didnt know there were guidebooks either... [img]eek.gif[/img] Could someone just give me a quick run-down on what they are, and what they "do" so to speak ?? [img]smile.gif[/img]
    thanks in advance,
    Tracey

    </font>

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Kit_Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    313
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did anyone try replacment parts?
    Tracy

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have all the books that go with the Scenes & Settings and could photocopy them B&W at work, if I were careful. Can't scan. Could get them copied 2-sided in color at Kinko's but it would be pricey. I think they have the Molly's World, etc. Map on the back cover and the inside pages tell you about each scene and what tiny details to look for. Haven't read them for a while! If anyone wants copies, let me know if you want free B&W not two-sided or if I should get a price from Kinko's for you.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    are they similar to the descriptions on the Fun For Girls section of the website?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member EmilyStrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, what are the guidebooks??

  9. #9
    Inactive Member bekeating's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, I haven't treid replacement parts...didn't think that was something they would even have.

    Bonnie

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I brought them to work today -- will see if Kinko's will copy them, because they're copyrighted, but color copies would be much nicer. The book is 11 x 8 1/2" and is all paper, center stapled. Front cover is the picture of the character's house, just like the front of the Scenese & Setting. Back cover is the Map of X's World. The actual map is 9 1/2 by 6 1/2 so you need a magnifier. Inside there are 2 pages called "Setting the Scene" with pictures of each of the scenes and a short blurb about them: kitchen, bedroom, school, store, outside. Next 2 pages are X's home with guided tour of the details of the scene on the front cover and a closeup map of X's neighborhood. All the following pages are guided tours of each scene with a "Can you find it" box that has an interesting fact related to an object. Like in Molly's, you look for the electric wall clock & then it says that in WWII, Americans used daylight saving all year round. The whole book is 16 pages including the outside covers. For anyone who doesn't have the Scenes & Settings, color copies of these guides would be nice because you can see an entire room instead of just the part shown in the book illustrations. These S&S are designed to look 3 dimensional through a technique called "trompe d'oeil" (I'm sure that spelling is wrong!) where the artist uses perspective and shadow to make everything look as if it were standing out from the plane of the picture. This effect is not as noticeable in the guide book, unfortunately.
    2 board members have already asked for copies. If a lot more want them, I'll definitely have to have them reproduced by Kinko's -- or lose my job, which doesn't normally involve photocopying anything! I'll post back after lunch to tell you what Kinko's said and what the cost might be per copy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •